Last week I posted about a piece of typography I was creating by hand lettering song lyrics. You can read about the preliminary steps and my inspirations here. This week, I completed the hand made part of the project by water coloring each letter. Here’s how that step resulted.
I used vibrant blues and greens to highlight the letters. But still it wasn’t enough. I needed the letters to pop, to seem neon. I turned my letterforms into a transparent png so I could work with it in Illustrator. The existing color aided as a stepping off point for what I could create digitally.
Using Illustrator, I set the rest of the lyrics behind my image, using my inspiration of electronic art to base the aesthetics of the piece. I love the way it’s turned out so far, the next step will be to create an interesting way to print and display this piece.
That’s it for now!